Memory of My Life- 4: The photo captured by me Feature as Photo of the Week on Odia Wikipedia - Blogs by Sangram Keshari Senapati

Thursday 12 April 2018

Memory of My Life- 4: The photo captured by me Feature as Photo of the Week on Odia Wikipedia

In life, small things could give you many reasons for happiness. It was 12th April in 2016, when I got a ping from Sailesh Patnaik that a photo which I had captured was featuring as Photo of Week on Odia Wikipedia. So, I had checked the home page immediately and look at the picture, what I found. 

The featured photo was about a person who was playing a musical instrument known as "Kendara" in Odisha. Some years before, a bunch of people came to Odisha and started living in a specific region. Since they were outsiders, they used to beg by playing this instrument and singing a special song which is known as "Gobinda Chandra Tika". 

There is a story behind this "Gobinda Chandra Tika" since centuries. There was a prince named Gobinda Chandra, whose mother got to know that her son won't live longer. So, she decided to give him to the God so the God would take care of him. That's why she gave him a "Kendara" and taught him some song to sing and sent him to the Saint Hadippa.

No comments:

Post a Comment