Memory of My Life- 3: Farewell by our Juniors at GCEK - Blogs by Sangram Keshari Senapati

Tuesday 10 April 2018

Memory of My Life- 3: Farewell by our Juniors at GCEK

It is going to complete 2 years since we left the college. Before we left, our juniors threw a farewell party to us on this day in 2016. It was 10 April 2016, and we had our last enjoyment with juniors. The previous year, we arranged the farewell party a long time before for the final exam, so they also arranged the farewell party 1 and a half months before. Before that, our seniors had arranged the farewell party after the exam, but a problem arose there. So, we had planned the farewell party much before the exam and our juniors also do the same.

During our time, we couldn't get the chance to plan the farewell meeting in college, so we conducted outside and our junior also faced the same problem. So, they had arranged the party at Amala Bhavan near to Government bus stand. On the farewell day, most of the students would be shown upset, but we had another 1.5 months there, so none of us felt that. So, we enjoyed that day.

In the evening, we went there are they welcome us with diya and offered us a rose. At the time when I reached, there were a few of our friends and no girls were there until that time. Yes, they need more time for their makeover. So, it's a common thing.



Yhea! that's me. Don't know who had clicked this photo. But my eyes were looking horrible. That rose was in my pocket and it's with me till now. I've fixed it in my diary on the day of 10 April 2016. 


After that, we wait for our other friends. Look at that little girl, she came with one of our juniors. In that leisure time, she performed on a Bollywood track, "Khinch Meri Photo" and I just clicked a photo. Finally, the girls had come and two of our teachers, Kamakshya Sir and Ashok sir had come.


They both lighten the diya and gave a formal speech for us. After that, Prateek and Saswati, our class representatives had their small speech. And all were excited about the cake cutting. 



After the cake cutting and having some snacks, both of our teachers left that place. But I missed other teachers and Rajendra sir the most. We took some snaps with teachers.



When the teachers left, they had planned for some fun games. And all of us enjoyed those. Some students confess about their crush and secret love stories with us. And some got the change to propose them if they were present there. Even a number of boys had proposed a single girl. 

But, we were happy with our photo shoot. We had clicked a number of photos with our friends and juniors. At the time of dinner, I had clicked lots of photos. Even I remembered a click, where some of our girls stood with a model pose, but I couldn't click them and was busy with some other clicks. But made them to hold that pose for few minutes and finally clicked them. Here is that photo.


And did lots of fun with all of them from juniors to seniors. And there was a funny moment with me when I had taken a photo with our lateral entry girls. For the extra height, I made to sit on my feet and Pankajini had put a rose on my head.


Finally, they called me to the stage for a formal speech for our friends and junior. I was there with two of my friends, Swapna and Swagatika. Usually, I used to talk in Odia, but on the stage, some English words came out from me. But all of them demanded the Odia speech. So, I tried my best to speak in pure Odia. It's difficult to speak in pure Odia since some of our words are mixed with other languages.


Before leaving that hall, we had clicked the group photo. Some of our friends had left to their room, but we didn't have any barriers. On that day, we did many crazy things and as usual, I couldn't dance on the floor. But I enjoyed their dance and clicked lots of photos. The farewell day is the most memorable day in the life. It's like an unofficial transfer certificate.




No comments:

Post a Comment